1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gator Mulcher hd blade????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huntw11871, Jun 16, 2008.

1. huntw11871

huntw11871 LawnSite Member
    from NC

I was looking at getting a set of blades from Express Mower Parts.com. They have a set of blades Part # 29-517EL . They say they are like the t4 mulchers. They are high lift gator mulcher hd blades. Has anybody ran this blade and if so what do you think. I have never got a h-lift gator that was not off set to get the h-lift in it. Take a look and tell me what you guys think about the blade. Or if you run a blade like that in h-lift gator that is straight with no off set of the blade. Thanks for the help..

http://www.expressmowerparts.com/Blade_Size_s/279.htm

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought 3 sets of Hi-Lift Gator blades. Best blades I've EVER used, overall. Am able to cut lush fairly wet turf with em, and the lawns come out looking great -- I have never been able to do that before with any other mulch blade or mulch kit. Can't wait to try these in Fall as I usually run a mulch kit at that time of year, I think this year I'll just be able to double cut with the HL Gators with great results -- if what I've seen so far is any indication.

3. huntw11871

from NC

Hey Naturescape are the blades off set or are they straight. Thanks for your help

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I just bought my gator blades at the start of the season. They are the best blades I have had on my mower yet, especially when there are leaves on the ground. It really compacts and cuts the clippings small when I bag. When I don't bag I don't notice any clipping sitting on the yard. Overall a very good blade.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

they are good blades. i have them on my Bobcat

6. huntw11871

from NC

My blades came in today. I hope they are going to do a good job. Thanks for the info on the blades.

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Straight/flat. Just like the old Gator blades except the teeth are more pronounced and have more lift to them.

8. huntw11871

from NC

I gave the blades a work out and they are doing really well. They are cutting the stiff weeds and the turf just like I want. Thanks guys for all the info it made for a good purchase and a good cut.