Gator Mulching Blades/ on Walker !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Installed a set of Gator's on my Walker this week and I'm very impressed with the results. Customers are amazed at what I'm doing to their leaves. They also like the savings of not paying to have them raked and bagged. Anyone else using these blades on their mowers? If so what are your results? Well just wanted to share results of Gator's on a side discharge.
    Mowman

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have Walker mowers all of them have 48"GHS decks along with extra 52"decks. I didnt see any gators for the 48" deck? they have no clearance for the bent blades what deck do you have?

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I'm running the MT-54" Side Discharge Deck. I don't think I'll ever go back to just a mulching deck. The GHS would be nice some times. I'm just not into bagging, no where to get rid of the grass clippings.
    Mowman

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I see what the gator blades are for! We outfitted all our GHS mowers with 52"s/d decks so we have the best of both worlds. I wish we could mulch leaves way up here, too many leaves gotta bag its a huge industry up here with fall cleanups. You can make over $5000.00 easy on fall cleanups up here with the right amount of business.