Gator mulching blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Oct 15, 2003.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Could I do side discharge or bagging with Gator mulching blades?

2. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

Absolutely. They are IMO the best blades out there. Almost no clippings visible when using them on regular cut customers and its not really wet.

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have never used them but how do the gators bag well if they send the clippings/leaves back to the center of the deck. However I have seen blades that have the fins facing outward to push the clippings out while mulching with the fins, these are not gators but an off brand mulching blade. n1alx, I would ask this question on the oregon forum.

4. BOSS MAN

BOSS MAN LawnSite Member

we use gator blades on all of out mowers and they work like a charm. a buddy of mine introduced them to me and i think they're awesome. we sharpen our blades at least once a week. they're not that expensive and i think they're the best blades on the market.

-------------------------------

2002 GMC Duramax 3/4 ton 4x4
    7'x16'trailer
    3 - 36'' toro hydro walk behinds / velke
    1 - 48" wright stander
    1 - 52" ZTR
    2 - stihl 420 C magnum blowers
    2 - stihl FC 110 edgers
    2 - stihl FS 85 string trimmers
    2 - stihl HS 85 hedge trimmers

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Been using Gators on and off since '97. The only time I don't use them is in heavy grass/weeds. They bag and discharge very well. They will reduce grass clippings dramatically if you bag all of the time. Although you are reducing clippings in the bag you cannot tell the difference on the lawn. If you like to mulch leaves Gators are tops. They absolutely devastate leaves.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

work great in bagging for me. That is all we use during the fall season for leaves