GATOR PROBLEM UPDATE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer told me that his supplier said that the blades need to be put on opossing each other. They told the dealer I did not put them on right, that's why they hit each other. What the hell are they talking about? Supplier is sending dealer another set of blades and they are to install them on my mower. Hey, whatever as long as I get a new set of blades and the don't hit I'll be happy. I'll let you all know what happens.
    Mowman

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

It sounds like the supplier is just trying to cover his butt. On older mowers you had to install the blades so they wouldn't hit each other, but I never heard of that on a modern ZTR. Theres only 2 ways to install the blades, and I"m sure you know the right way by now. Some blades even have the words "Grass side" stamped on them.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What the dealer meant was that the blades needed to be installed like l-l or -l- so the tips wouldn't meet. Bob was right. This is a crock. Actually, it sounds like you have the wrong blades. Is your deck 60"? You may have 61" blades like for a Scag. If your blades were all 1/4" inch too long, this could be the case, since I THINK Scag's spindles are spread out a little more and don't have quite the overlap that say, Exmarks have. 3x1/4" + 1/4" spread would equal that 1 extra inch. Just a thought!