Gator Ramps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kutnkru, Mar 3, 2001.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I just saw this link thru another site. I am thinking that this would be a great way to save trailering an aerator or overseeder, freeing up the stakebody and/or trailer space.

http://www.gatorramps.com/

Has anyone used this device or something similar?? If so, how do you like it??

Thanks for your assistance.
    Kris

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

All I see there is some heavy duty wheely poppin goin on. I.ve had guys that couldn.t load mowers in my trailer without nearly flipping them, I could see them trying to put one in that Ranger. I.d be buying a new cab!

I agree it would come in handy for a aerator or even a walk-behind. That tractor sure looks funny going in.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

ok, has anyone weighed a tractor lately? these ramps say they hold 1500 lbs. What do you think a tractor weighs? About 2 times that.

Also, would a walker be kinda long for a ranger?

I do think it would be great for the aerator. Sure would beat dragging an 18' trailer all over town. :)

4. Stones work truck.

The shot greedy boards will be gone this spring. I am going to mount a set rigid to the bed to the top of the cab then I was going to make 2 foot extensions to add another three and a half yards of thatch hauling capacity.

[​IMG]

[Edited by lawrence stone on 03-03-2001 at 03:27 PM]

5. kutnkru

TGLC or Big Brown[:)] whichever you prefer uses those types of gated ramps here. I was thinking that the gator type ramps might be more practicle because of the lighter weight equipment I was interested in hauling.

Kris

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Close enough. When I put my Gator on my truck, I use aluminum ramps that slide perfectly under the Gator for storage while enroute.

7. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Kris,

I sent away for Gator Ramp info a few months ago...

They are expensive. $595 if you buy them from the manufacturer. The only way to buy them straight from the Manufacturer is to become a distributor. That costs another $500. Of course they give you your first ramp when you become a distributor for only $500. You are required to sell at least 1 Gator Ramp system per month to maintain your status as a distributor. Oh yeah, the prices do not include shipping.

If you buy them from a retail place the MSRP is $845 for a mini pickup and $895 for a full size.

It is a neat product but WAY to expensive for me!

Mark

8. kutnkru

Thanks for the alarming info about an exorbitently priced product. I will pursue other ideas instead.

Thanks again for all the info guys.
    Kris

9. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Looked at em too and thought the same thing, a lot of bucks for the product. Good idea just too rich for me too.

10. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

great info on gator ramps,but tooooo much money I would rather buy a 6x10 used trailer and save my back...