gator rator aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Nov 7, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at buying a gator rator aerator but I am a little worried because of some of the problems I have head about. However It seems like when they do work they work good. I know someone that has several new in the box they are selling. I could get it for $1,300. This seems like good deal. Any thoughts?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We think they went out of business. There was a thread on this not long ago. No one was able to contact or get a response from the company.

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about the gator rator but I purchased a trac vac front mount aerator and it works great on large lawns. On small lawns I still use my Lesco split drive aerator. If you can still get replacement parts it might not be a bad deal. I paid $600.00 for mine used.

4. stevesmowing

yes, gator rator (ground breakers) went out of business. However there is a distributor that still has parts. How is the penetration of the cores on the track vac one?

5. robertsturf

The Trac Vac does a pretty good job of penetrating the soil when damp. It does have enough down pressure to lift the front tires of my Toro Z500 off the ground. Another benefit you can aerate fast enough to sling cores over your head. I overlap 1/2 on each pass to give a double pass and get finished in remarkable time.

6. stevesmowing

how long does it take for it to lift at the end of each pass. How long does it take for it to lift? What width do you have? Any pics?

7. robertsturf

The aerator has an electric ram just like the rators. I've never timed it but it couldn't be more than 3-4 sec. My model is 48" wide. If you do a web search for Palmor Products in St Charles Mo. they should have a few picture. I had to fabricate brackets to fit my model of Toro. If you have a Hustler they have a bracket for that. If you need any more info don't hesitate to call me 816-350-0886 Trent Roberts, Roberts Turf & Landscape.