GATOR-RATOR Giveaway Review and Pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Aug 18, 2003.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Some of you may or may not know that I was the First winner of the Members Area Givaway.

I won a GATOR-RATOR Aerator. http://www.gator-rator.com

The Aerator was shipped to me promptly and palletized very nicely with NO damage at all.

Everything is included, and the instructions were very clear.

I have yet to fully aerate a lawn with it yet, as I've been busy with other things. But the quick test run I gave it proves that it is a wonderful piece of machinery.

Fit and finish, and overall design are TOP NOTCH. From nice smooth welds to a beautiful powder-coat paint finish, to the very nice wiring harness. Everything is TOP NOTCH.

Installation took about a half hour, but I could probably install another one in half that time. The longest time would have to be installing the wiring harness.

It can be removed quickly with two hitch pins and simply unplugging the power supply. Very well thought out.

I was originally leary of the almost $2500 price tag, but upon recieving this machine, I feel you DEFINATELY get your money's worth. This isn't something that somebody slapped together in someones garage.

Here are a few pictures too look at.

gr08.jpg

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

gr02.jpg

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Very Beefy hardware.

gr04.jpg

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'll have to get some pictures with it in action........Stay tuned!

gr06.jpg

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

good thing you had a lazer to put that badboy on! looks good, tell us how she works out.

6. SWEET...Get those fliers out for aerations.....Got to get your money's worth on the first outing.:rolleyes:

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that does look heavy duty.

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well at least someone I know actually got something for paying to be a member. LOL That unit looks very sweet. If I hadn't just bought my Classen Split-Drive a couple seasons ago I may have considered splurging, but I'll let my WB unit generate more income to pay for the Sentar I splurged on this season. Maybe next year......

P.S. How's the ride when aerating? With all this rain we've had I'm sure it isn't all that bad, but when the ground is rock hard, I bet it isn't that enjoyable, but then again you aren't going to be taking cores with anything when it is rock hard.

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Looks easy to assemble. Congrates!!!!!!

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just wanted to again thank - Lawnsite and Gator-Rator for this unit.

As for the ride while aerating....Haven't put that much time on it to determine that, but the place that I did was shortly after the rain stopped. It was drawing some nice long cores.

I'll let you's know how it rides when the soil dries out. Sure would beat walking ANYDAY!

Plus the ability to aerate at 10 mph should be very advantageous.