Gator Rator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, Feb 27, 2003.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I just noticed this new sponsor and was wondering if anyone has used one of these. I am also interested in price. If you don't know what I am talking about look at the sponsors and you will see it. Thanks

2. Looks like a good piece of equipment. Wonder why manufacturers want to make their potential customers work to find a price?

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Late last year I email the company about those, thought it looked promising for large aerating jobs.

Heck it was like pulling teeth just to get a response. I hope they get their stuff together.Looks like a nice unit, but with no support I dont see them lasting long!

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't get how you can make turns with it w/o having to raise the unit to get your caster wheels back. I also find the lack of info about it there a little strange.

5. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Got E-mail from company in Dec........$2499.00 includes shipping-31.5" can add modular sections to take to 52"...no price...phone #734-634-3680 M-F EST......Bryant La Flair.......FAX 734-495-9280

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you very much for sharing the info you got.

Gravely_Man

7. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Hey no problem…..that’s what makes LS so great…..sharing info. That’s what we are all here for, share and learn!
    If anybody has seen one of these aerators it would be real nice to hear about them….seem like a pretty slick unit…and the price doesn’t seem to bad, considering prices for a walk behind aerator.

8. brucec32

Pricey, but I guess it's built tough and is low production volume. Still, I can buy a mower with tires, AN ENGINE, spindles, deck, frame, electrical system, etc. for about that price or less. I can't do enough aeration to justify the price. A tow aerator will do for me. Heck, I could buy another walk behind aerator AND a tow aerator for that price.

9. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I emailed them after starting this thread and asked about it and if it would fit a Lazer Z, they have already responded. Here is what they said "The GATOR RATOR fits your lazer and runs $2499.99 shipped. There's only one size which is 31.5 " swath, we do offer extensions which slide in on either side increasing the swath to 54". The extensions are $499.00 a pair and can be purchased later if one wants."

10. brucec32

I got the same reply. This must be a really new product. The reply wasn''t clear if it fits a lazer z HP or other compact frame versions out there.

Man, webpages are easy...couldn't hurt them to just type in all these and other details there and avoid having to answer emails.