gatorade or

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by unit28, Jun 27, 2007.

1. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

water?

I usually drink alot of water before going out.
    But the humidity is killer, so I've been starting with gatorade.

What's up?

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I do water..and Gatorade...because drinking all water doesnt put any electrolytes back in your body. In the morning I drink a Rock Star though lol

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I do both. Actually I buy a mix of another brand, can't remember which one though. Tastes the same.

4. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Walmart sells this stuff called Replenish. It has electrolytes, no calories, an it is cheap. $2 for 10 packs and each one makes a 22oz bottle. You have to mix it yourself but for 1/5 the price of a Gatorade, I can manage.

Oh,and it tastes just like the real thing.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Gatorade is really NOT that good for you

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Why. Explain.

7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

stuffdeer....I would imagine it's because of the high sodium and high sugar content. I drink it like water, even use the lemon-lime in my iced tea, although my heart doctor isn't too happy about all that. Helps prevent leg cramps for me.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

if you drink gatorade in the Fierce flavor, your poo changes color....:)

Water is the best by far, you need to rely on your foods to replace your missing minerals and such. But gatorade does in a pinch and I when I'm cutting my own lawn I drink gatorade, but when i was working the field. i always kept water. made it easier to clean out the coolers as well...

9. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Both but mostly water

10. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Water ... and lots of it on really hot or humid days. A Gatorade now and then. What I do is when I pack my cooler in the morning ... in go the bottles of water (I refill them with water from a gallon jug ... lots cheaper) ... then sometimes I put ice tea in a couple of bottles (for with my light lunch) ... and for the most part I pack baggies of fresh veggies for lunch (carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc) ... and maybe some fruit if I have some.

Eat light ... eat healthy ... and drink plenty of fluids. We all know how we like the rain on our lawns ... well ... we need the water for our bodies too.

:weightlifter: