Gatorade vs Water

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THC, Jun 8, 2009.

1. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

Which is better? I just bought a big can of powered gatorade, football players use it but is it healthy day in day out?

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I drink both. All that sugar in gatorade is not all that good, but the electrolyes are. Powerade is cheaper, I go the cheap route because I'm a cheap azz

3. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

It's only good for you if your working out really hard. Mowing ain't gonna cut it.

4. gotshakes?

gotshakes? LawnSite Member
    from daytona

I drink H30 from Herbalife, very good for not burning out. It doesn't have the corn syryp like gatorade.

5. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Crystal light is good to to add to your water or the off name brand plain water gets boring after awhile

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I use AdvoCare's Rehydrate drink heavily during the summer months, especially considering I do all my mowing with a WB. No sitting for me...

7. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

GAYtorade :laugh: is pure garbage , BUNCH OF UNNATURAL MAN MADE JUNK .
    BAD AS POP / RED BULL ETC

DRINK WATER LIKE A HUMANS SUPPOSED TO DRINK :weightlifter:

* RAW PLANTS AND WATER ARE OUR OPTIMUM CELL FUELS :weightlifter:

8. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like some folks don't know what they are talking about.

Yes, water is good for you to keep you hydrated. Thats why I drink both when I am out. There's no need to chug four bottles of Gatorade while you're out during the day.

Gatorade has electrolytes to help your body, internally, perform better, and carbohydrates for added energy to allow you to work harder and/or longer. Its not a significant boost, but it sure is refreshing either way.

You don't need to be playing football to have the need to drink it.

Do you -have- to have Gatorade? No. And I don't think there is much of a difference between Gatorade and Powerade either.

Although the most basic form of electrolytes in your body is salt, I doubt you would like to be drinking salt water instead of a sports drink :)

EDIT: I need to add... Eating on a healthy diet will do more for you than sipping water and gatorade all day will. Don't eat so much McDonalds while you're out on the road, before, during, or on the way home. Crap like that can really slow you down. Try to eat healthy for a month and see if you feel a difference :)

Check labels of the foods you normally eat. You should be concentrating on cutting fat first, then protein, then carbs for optimal energy.

9. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I like this post.. except for the McDonalds crack.:laugh:

A one litre of Gatorade on a hot day along with a big jug of water ought to do it. We don't need bottled water where I live, tap water is just as good.

Edit: one time I was with 3 other guys, we were working and doing well. My ex biz partner and I decided to treat everyone with KFC. We bought a bucket... within an hour we all decided to book it for the day.:laugh:

10. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

RedBull and Mcdoubles.:laugh:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009