gators for 48" swb

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PaulJ, Nov 4, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried oregon and they said they don't make a gator for this mower anymore. Does Justler have a gator type or some other mulching type blade for the 48" walkbehind deck. (17inch blade with 1/2 in hole)?
    I asked my dealer to get some when I bought the mower but he couldn't find any. I don't know if he asked oregon or Hustler. Isn't there a couple other brands of this type of blade out there? I can't remember the names, but raptor and atomic come to mind.
    thanks of any help you can give me.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Let me do some investigating here for you.....I am 99.9 % sure that we buy our blades from Oregon......
    I will find out for you.

Pj

3. PaulJ

Any luck finding out about those gator blades? Are gators what hustler recomends for mulching or do you have a diferent mulching blade also?

Also, Is there a blowout baffle for the front right or the deck for the 48" walkbehind deck? There was a pic of one somewhere on here but I don't remember what size deck it was on. What is the cost of the baffle?

Thanks

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No luck yet on the Gators through a aftermarket source, you will need to buy them from your Hustler dealer, they are Hustler part # 779330.
    They are what we recommend for a mulching set up, there is not another mulch blade available through Hustler.
    There is a blowout kit that will work on your unit, although it was developed for the Shortcut deck, it will work for your deck also, you may need to drill 3 or 4 holes in the bottom lip of the deck to install it.
    It is part # 325001, call your dealer and have him order it for you.
    I do not have the price with me right now..I will post it tomorrow.

Pj

5. PaulJ

Thanks pj

I'll give my dealer a call.

6. PaulJ

I finally got to my dealer today and had them order the gator blades at $12.25 a piece.
    We had a heck of a time finding that airflow baffle. If you hadn't said it wass from the shortcut we never would have found it. I just ordered the right half of it for about $8 (less than I though it ws going to be) because I don't think I need the left side wiht the way the deck is baffled on the left side.
    And I got the 40th anniversery calender too. I like the pictures of the old machines.
    Thanks again for your help.

Hustler rules!!!

photo21004.jpg