1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

    Dismiss Notice

gauge sending unit

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Bill c, Apr 27, 2000.

  1. Bill c

    Bill c LawnSite Member
    Posts: 114

    Hi guys I have a 85 chevy and would like to replace the original oil pressure gauge.Does anybody know where the sender is located?Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Alan

    Alan Member
    Posts: 1,185

    Check above the oil filter mount. I know on 89 they were there.
  3. yortengel

    yortengel LawnSite Member
    Posts: 216

    If it has a 350. it should be under the distributor on the left side of the block, right behind the intake manifold(or to the rear of it depending on how you look at it) . you will need a short 1/2 in or 9/16 inch wrench to get to it. I made one. they can be kind of a pain. its a little tight. not much room between the engine and the fire wall.
  4. Bill c

    Bill c LawnSite Member
    Posts: 114

    Thanks for the info guys I installed an aftermarket gauge and used the tapped hole above the oil filter.

Share This Page