Gaurantee, How Long?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Nov 6, 2003.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

how ya doing? i was just wondering the lenght of time and terms you offer. I have sod at a month if we do the service, 2 weeks if we just do the sod and they cut it. trees and bushes i make it up as i go, what do you have? I hope i put this in the right forum, don't want upset the flow!!!!!!!!
    adam

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

New plant installs, 1 year as long as customer irrigates.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I only go for the yr. Its up Jan. 1 to much for the cold and snow to destroy

Mac

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

only for that year they are planted.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i guarentee i planted the stuff. and i guarentee if you dont pay, ill hound you 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

my dilema is, I did a few (10) plants at this office in my neighborhood, and one of the plants (boulevard pom pom $287) was for a worker in that office who had died. They wanted to plant it in his memory, fine. They asked me to leave that one plant half planted so they could have alittle ceremony by finishing off the planting. I dug the hole, put the plant in and left a mound of soil off to the side. I got a call saying this plant now "looks bad". The planting was done in April, its now Nov..do you think i should replace it no question asked? or should i try and get them to buy another and not charge to put it in? This is an office not a house, so I don't think they put as much effort in to the after care. Keep in mind that it was a city office with city money, and still is. Maybe they won't care shelling out alittle more $ for another plant.
    adam

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

First the worker now the plant!!!! I stay as far away from that place as I could LOL

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Since it is in memory of someone; I would tell them that you will replace the plant free of charge if you are allowed to service and take care of the plant for at least a year, but you will charge them for the caring of the plant.

If they refuse the service agreement, then tell them that you will replace it, but it will cost them.

9. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Good answer tiedeman.

10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO!! I would not have left the tree exposed. If they wanted to do a ceremony I would have delivered it the day before. My answer would be no, I can't be responsible for someone else's neglect. :cool: