1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gave an estimate to the wrong house!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drsogr, May 26, 2006.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I went and measured out a lawn for sod, and sure enough I was at the wrong house! The ladies address that I was supposed to be at was 606 and I went to 626. You should have seen the look on the ladies face when she saw the prices.
  2. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

I would laugh at you had I not done the same thing

3. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

ive gone to a house to do an estimate b4, was ringing the doorbell no answer, the lady calls and im like no ones here! she says she was home, im like no way. then i realize it was another house i was supposed to go to, lol. though the house i was at wanted some mulching done anyway, so that was funny.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Last year I got the address screwed up and gave a quote on the wrong house. No one home so I left it on the door. I get a call back from the lady saying she never got my quote (of course). So I tell her the terms and amount and she says yes. I go out later to start work, and realize my address error. Her house was right down the street. The yard was smaller and so I got the lawn for a better price than I expected. Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds an acorn.
  5. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

imagine sending your guys to take out a 10 x 15 concrete patio and finding out 2 hours later they went to the wrong house :cry:
  6. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I had 2 houses, side by side, that I used to do cleanups on. Last year, I get the normal call except the one neighbor said the other neighbor couldn't afford the cleanups anymore. So I would only have to cleanup the one. I went there, did the cleanup and everything was spotless. The neighbor stuck her head out the door and asked when I was going to do hers. :cry: I cleaned up the one who cancelled.:hammerhead:
    As I was doing the other cu, the neighbor who cancelled pulled into her drive, looked around, looked at me and went into her house. She hardly acknowledged my presence.