Gave large account the heave-ho!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chilehead, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Well, here I go. I have this large account, an HOA, that has a President that always finds something to complain about, but blames the residents. I get this email from her today stating that I have not held up my end of the bargain/contract, and am subject to termination for breach of contract. I wrote her a friendly rebuttal. My question is if I am terminated for breach of contract(and I get that in writing), yet I have documentation (proof) that I did not breach contract, how much do you think this would be worth to me in court? Thanks! :drinkup:

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

HOAS SUCK! Typically run by smart *** board of directors who know nothing about anything relative to landscaping and the only common thing between them is they all had troubled childhoods, no friends or family that will tolerate them to occupy their time, and zero experiences in life they can reflect on and smile about. I ask them for a $500 consultation fee whenever they call for a quote. Most will refuse.

3. Burkhart Lawn Care

Burkhart Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Sorry to be dumb, but what is a HOA?

4. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

home owners crap how the heck do you spell acssocation

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

association.... for the record. and I didn't need spell check. LOL

If they signed a contract and you haven't done anything wrong, just keep doing it. If they don't pay, you'll have twice the ammo in court. :D

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

in florida, I did work for several HOA's and aside from the slow pay (like most commercial) never had any problems. The biggest issue is that you have a bunch of people who want to the be the boss, but you really only have one, and thats the person who signed the contract, either the pres or the prop manager, in either case, that's the person you deal with. And you need to make sure folks know this.

Good for you to standing up to the threat and not backing down. Id at least run the contract out and not loose the money...

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Thanks, gents. Appreciate the comments. I hope this situation stays civil, but if it turns ugly, I am prepared to face the challenge head-on.

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Always good to have a contract!!

9. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoa, are a pain,always complaining you have one boss but ever one wants to rule.....

10. one of our best customers is a hoa ... however the poa and the property manager are not afraid to tell the morons to sit down and shut up