GCSSA show Atlanta

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Jan 11, 2003.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Just wondering if anybody will be attending the GCSSA show in Atlanta. Im going down to represent The University of Connecticut, and was just wondering if anybody on here would be attending? Although the show is geared more towards golf superintendents, there are a lot of relevant manufactures who will be there representing lawn care. Its February 12-15th I think.

http://www.golfcourseshow.com/2003confer/exhibit/exhibitsearch/exhibit_list.asp

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If i can get away will be there. I went to the one back in Dec.

3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

You can go to a golf show to look, yes. But today ornamental turf and golf turf are totally different worlds.

Most lawn care operators would not be interested in the premium fertilizers used in care of golf turf. And the manufacturers reps from the fertilizer industry will mostly just have the info for their golf line at that type of show, just like they don't have the golf line info at a landscaping show.

The equipment used on golf turf is also totally different from that used on ornamental turf. Again, in many cases the same manufacturers, but they only have the golf oriented equipment there. But if you like to see some WOW machines, you'll see them there. Water injection aerators. Core aerators that pull 16" cores. Speciallty topdressing machines. Irrigation heads that hold a plug of sod on top, so they are completely invisible when off. And on and on.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

There is some truth to what you said, but there are also a ton of companies there that have equipment LCO's buy. For instance, agri metal will be there, kubota, john deere etc.... they have tractors, blowers etc. many of which large LCO's buy. im looking forward to it. Im a turfgrass major, and am not planning on going into golf course stuff, but im going down with three people to represent our school. it should be a good time. if you are going, stop by the uconn booth and say hi.