GD down under?

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by pinnacle, Aug 4, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I am in Australia and all the lcos around here love there Danes. At the moment I run a GD Mighty Compac 42" 16Hp Z and love it for what I paid for it and am going to pick up a 52'' 25Hp Chariot next week (ohh yehh). I demod equivelant size Toro zmaster, Scag TT and the Chariot got first pick hands down. What I would like to know is seming I have only seen my Mighty Compac ZTR on the GD Aussie site dose GD Australia have their machines shipped over or do they manufacture local?

2. pinnacle

Yeh and why can't I get a Super Surfer in Australia. They would sell well down here. I know at least six guys 7 including me that would go out and buy one tomorow if they could.

3. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Pinnacle:

Thank you for the comments. Great Dane Australia has done a fine job for Great Dane. All the Great Dane products are manufactured at John Deere’s Turf Care facility in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina USA and shipped directly to our distributor in Australia. If you are ever in the states and would like to see this facility and the manufacturing process, please let me know.

Regards,

John Joensen
    Sales and Marketing Manager
    Great Dane Power Equipment

4. pinnacle

Thanks Jhon
    I will be in colarado skiing (Snow Mass) some time next year and would be very intrested in taking a look at the plant. I will be flying into LAX and can get a flight from there to North Carolina. But is there any thing else in North Carolina that I can take the wife to see or is it in driving distance from Aspen? How far away from Los Vegas is it? I want to see Los Vegas I hear it's big at new years. I might even come over for new years this year if the cash situation is ok. Can you give me your Email so I can contact you when I head over
    THANKS
    Keep Up The Good Work Great Dane

5. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Pinnacle:

Please give me your e-mail address and I will respond with mine. I would prefer not to spread mine across this site so I do not pick-up any viruses. My company would not be happy with me if were to happen

Regards,

John Joensen

6. pinnacle

KerrieC1@bigpond.com.au Thats understadable. I had a virus come through the other day that actualy erased all my Anti-viris software. (not a very good one to catch)