Gearing up for 2010

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by a clear difference lawn, Jan 17, 2010.

1. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

You do 70 accounts solo?????? No offense but how do you do a good job on those?? I run a 4 man maintenance crew and we can do 80 houses, 4 offices, and 1 hoa a week. But we always rake flowerbeds, etc. Yours are all mow, blow, and go right??? I'm not ragging on you, just wondering.

2. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

That must be a tight schedule! Talk about being busy! Do you work into the weekends?

3. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You may not mean to be offensive - but you are. If you would have read the thread you would have seen that I am very tightly grouped. I have 48 homes in one subdivision that I do in 2 and a half days because I can mow many at a time without re-trailering my mower. I work all day sat and half day sun in season. Right now I am twice a month except for my biggest account. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=285747&highlight=biggest I don't think this qualifies as "mow, blow, and go" but your entitled to your opinion. I pride myself in quality and would not get as many accounts as I have by doing a crappy job - especially here in Windermere were I have all my business. Most of my houses have small yards and very limited landscaping relative to the one shown - but they are all done professionally and look very good. I can truly say I have never left an account looking like crap. Lets see some pics of your accounts.

4. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

awesome do you miss the husler or the s10?

5. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

So are you fully licensed and insured??????

6. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I will get you some pics of my accounts once things green up this spring. I don't think you want to see pictures of us just cleaning up a few leaves. Do you rake the flowerbeds and pull weeds at all your accounts?? I am just wondering because eventually I would like to put together a crew to do just small accounts that could bang out a lot in a day. That account looks good man, just focus on getting the leaves out of the flowerbeds (if they pay you to do that lol). But everything looks great man.

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good, I wish I had places like that were all I had to do was stop and work without re trailering.

8. a clear difference lawn

Yes - I am fully licensed and insured. I just paid my fouth quarter estimated taxes which was a good chunk of change!! It pisses me off a little when I see guys that are not legit (believe me we have a lot in Florida), but instead of coming on Lawnsite and endlessly whining, the scrubs inspire me to work even harder.

9. a clear difference lawn

I just sold the Hustler two days ago so I don't miss it yet. I really don't have anything bad to say about that mower - its just that the Gravely ia a better fit for the lawns I currently service. I miss the manual transmission on the S10. The white Nissan, believe it or not, is the first car or truck I have ever owned that is an automatic. I'm still getting used to it but so far ir has been a great truck. Had to get a big cab to hall around the kids and sacrifice some bed space.

10. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set-up, sounds like your doing good. Were you the one doing the pools too, are you still doing that?? Nice truck too, do you get pretty good mileage towing?