Gearing up for 2010

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by a clear difference lawn, Jan 17, 2010.

1. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I used to do pools as well but the lawn business took off so I am pretty much out of that now. I still have 4 pools which I service at houses were I already do the lawn. Alot of the time, my girl does the pools and I just give her the money. The mileageon the Nissan is less than the S10 but it is still pretty decent.

2. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Oh i bet there are a ton of "under the table guys" in florida. It doesn't bother me too much, but it bothers me when they try and advertise in areas where I mow. I pick up their "flyer" and just laugh at it.

3. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

Pat'sPerfectLawnService LawnSite Senior Member

the black rims on the Gravely make it look sweet

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of people don't understand how much smaller the yards are in Florida, especially in the Orlando area, and don't get that we can get a lawn done in 15-25 minutes and still make it look good. And I know how picky they are in Windermere haha. Im planning on expanding to that area eventually.

Anyways, nice setup man. I like the Gravely, I have a Gravely w/b but Im thinking of getting a mower like yours so I can sit haha. Post some pics of some of your yards once the grass finally turns green again haha. And I noticed that your edger doesn't have a wheel, any reason for that?

5. a clear difference lawn

I took the wheel off my edger because I use it to do a lot of flower bed edges and tree rings with it a lot deeper than curb edging and I got sick of constantly adjusting it. I like the unit much better without the wheel - I feel like it is more nimble and I can work faster. Yea - Windermere is very picky. Many of my current customers would not even consider my estimate until I provided them with proof of insurance! It is a good area though - if you get into one community and do a great job you can pick up lots of neighbors.

6. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Redmax 8050 and an edgit.com for your weedeaters.

7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of us in Florida don't use the weedeaters to edge. It is a lot harder with the thick St. Augustine grass we have and uses up a lot of line.

8. a clear difference lawn

In response to numerous requests I decided to post a pic of the Gravely with the black tires, off of the trailer. I also added a couple of pics of fastrap installation that I just finished.

P1010498.jpg

P1010499.jpg

P1010500.jpg

P1010501.jpg

9. collegefundms

collegefundms LawnSite Member

Very nice and simple.

10. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

How are those fast straps? Thought about getting them for my new trailer! Any side to side motion hen turning sharp or fast? Kinda tired of doing it the old way to the d rings on the frame!! Thanks! Ryan