1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gearing up for spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Feb 4, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Got a little burnt out last year, mostly bad help, but I don't know why, maybe the last few days of warm weather had something to do with it, but I'm in the mood to get moving. Getting ready to order door hangers, clean up equipment, new truck w/dump will be ready early next week. I guess its about that time for those who are serious and want to thrive. I'm going to start putting hangers on after valentines day and won't stop until I run out (5,000;30 customers or mid-April). Will stagger 500-1000 per week and hit some of the nighborhoods I'm in twice. Others feel the same or still enjoying the time off. Not me, I got a long list of goals to meet and an even longer list of toys :).
  2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm chompin at the bit,can't pay for a new ztr on the couch!:p
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I am enjoying a "slow" period now, for I know all hell will break loose soon enough, LOL
  4. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

ditto....... in 3-4 weeks, at most
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The balls were set in motion weeks ago and i have already been able to line up fall work before the snows even melted -LOL!!!

I have given several landscape etsimates, some work for drainage problems, and even a new wall.
  6. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait to get out their and start using some of my new equipment. I have had enough of this weather and this cold!
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

we still have some snow piles, most has melted, but about 4 days ago the ground was covered, more snow to come the end of this week, id say about two more snow storms then i will be ready. i am started to get in the mood with this warm weather. i am starting to get new stuff though, might be buying a truck tonight.
  8. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

9. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Were do you get your door hangers?????? I have been trying to find some one localy to create, but with little success. Is there someone on the internet who has good prices???
  10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I know it is hard to do and I am ready to start but soon enough we will be complaining about the lack of free time. Enjoy it while you can.