Geese problems

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by Dollar Spot, Mar 7, 2007.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

get some duck bill tree anchors and anchor the critters down that way they don't walk....

2. Dollar Spot

Dollar Spot LawnSite Member

They are more like cardboard with a hollogram of a coyote on them. They look real from a distance. The funny part is that the geese flew into the lake to have a look see and are still there. They're probably thinking, nice try jack***.

3. MarcSmith

maybe some cyote urine would discaurage them?

let em have their fun on the lake....you just don't want them on the grass right...

4. Dollar Spot

I have to keep them off the greens. The problem is that the lakes are next to the greens. I also created some buffer zones around parts of some lakes that are attractive areas for nesting. I love the geese, I just don't like them feeding on our greens and what they leave behind. I like eating them too but I do that only during hunting season.

5. Dollar Spot

Anybody have any experience with rc hydroplanes, boats, helicopters? I'm thinking I might get one to chase the geese of the water until after nesting season is over.

6. MarcSmith

7. Dollar Spot

Thanks Marc, I think I've seen that on TV. It looks like it would be fun to chase the geese around with that. I'm having a hard time rationalizing spending this amount of time on these geese until I balance it out with the repair work and droppings on the greens and how they effect our golfers.

8. MarcSmith

Get married, have a kid,

take kid to work and let kid play with toy chasing geese....Win win...you don't have to pay for daycare, and the golf coruse doesnt have to to pay for an extra employee....:)

9. Dollar Spot

I got two, ones almost done with college and the other one is almost done with high school. I guess I'll have to wait for grandkids!

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Try the fishing line. I had the same problems on the GC years ago and the fishing line solved it.