Gehl 7810

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Apr 29, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone have one? I know one has a Perkins 119hp and the "e" has a 99 hp cummins.

I found an e for 18k with 900 hours. No can though is have to add one for plowing
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

that's a beefy machine. I'm sure someone has one.
  3. whiffyspark

That's what I thought. I like the arms as well

T bar handles are interesting.

Sounds great for pushing snow and occasional forest work
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

We had a 7810 E series. Pilot controls. With the interchangeable tires and tracks. We used the tires in the winter for snow removal and took the tires off in the summer and used it for excavating. It was a beast in the winter. Usually pushed a 10 or 12' rubber edge pusher. With the tracks in the summer was alittle different story. The machine was awesome for grading topsoil with the suspension in the tracks. The machine lacked a lot of power when it came to trying to turn with the tracks. I know the skid was in the shop constantly but we use them for more than there designed to be doing. A small dozer would be better for pushing heavy clay around all day. It's a quick beefy machine. All we run is Gehl. **we did just buy a new JD 329. Haven't had a chance to run it yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't had one, but have spoken with several owners. The ones with the Perkins had trouble...electrical issues if I remember correctly. Cummins owners seemed to love them, especially for the snow with a push box.

I'm doing quite a bit of work now with two Gehls that have the T-bar controls and like them a lot.
  6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There was a thread reference these on HEF. Basically considered a POS as one owner put it. They can do a lot of work but apparently they cant keep them running.
  7. whiffyspark

I saw that think it was the Perkins
    Posted via Mobile Device