Gehl AL20DX

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RHayden, Jan 14, 2006.

1. RHayden

RHayden LawnSite Member

Stopped in at the Gehl dealer the other day to pick up some filters for the skid steers and I started playing around with this AL20DX. This is part of a package they have with a trencher, tiller, trailer, etc.

Well it followed me home and I've been playing around with it the past couple of days and I'm starting to get kinda fond of it. Anyone one here actually own one of these or know somebody that does? Any practical in the field feedback??? I'm seriously thinking of replacing our older 3410 with one of these.
  2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The Articulated loader?

I don't see how that would outperform a skid steer.
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

My thoughts are the same. That machine has its place, but there's no way it can replace a skid steer by any means.
  4. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

5. RHayden

RHayden LawnSite Member

Worked this puppy pretty hard today. The AL20DX is in the same range as our 3410 hp wise. The 4 wheel drive lets it dig in and get to work pretty well. Much slower maunuevering wise though. Obviously cant fairly compare it to our 48's.

Did real well on my lawn and in the mud behind the shop. The attachments all seem to have plenty of power. I actually like this better than the Dingo package we owned for a week. I can see where this would be a good addition for the landscape and irrigation crews. Going to play around a couple more days.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I can see this machine as being a perfect alternative to a Dingo or similar sized piece.

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

If it can load a dump truck without building a ramp, it already would qualify as a better piece than a Dingo for us. The killer is the length and I'm not sure how skinny it is, as in what access would it need to get into a yard?