Generac DC SCRREEEAAAMMMS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlc4163, Nov 20, 2002.

1. mlc4163

mlc4163 LawnSite Member

Checked out a 30hp generac on a 72 DC today.
    Holy S#%t! That thing is and animal! AND you can get the Generac on a 60".Unbelievable.
    I think I have to have it.
    Next stop is the Hustler dealer. I can't wait.
    Looks like DC is willing to work with the 2002 models. I must admitt that a 52" supermini was on my short list, may have to think about a 52" and a 60" DC instead? Very impressed with the DC.
    Be back in a couple weeks with the Super Z impressions.

2. mlc4163

mlc4163 LawnSite Member

As opinionated as this group can be, I'm surprised at all the looks but no responces. I have been reading the different threads but they MOSTLY seem to be by people who buy into a specific brand. I am not to that point, yet. That Dixie was an animal. Ran so fast I almost soiled the Dockers. I know you can't cut that fast but why let the mower walk between sites when it can run?
    Still going to check the Hustler and New Exmarks. Not sold on any one but trying to keep an open mind.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Speed on the aspalt is one thing, work in the grass is another. Demo every mower you can. Take them to YOUR properties and try them. Don't just drive them, use them. Then pick the one that WORKS the best for your situation. If you do, you can't be anything but happy.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I think thats the same motor their putting in the cub m-72, might have to demo one when they come out.

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i also demo'd one with a generac yes it was fast and so fast i did not feel comfortable....it would take me a while to get used to the dixie's light touch

6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

While your demo-ing, why don't you try one of the Ferris IS series with four wheel independant suspension. Try it on some rough ground. You will be impressed.