Generac Engines on Dixie Choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rblantonjr, Apr 5, 2008.

1. rblantonjr

rblantonjr LawnSite Member

I am looking at a Dixie Chopper XG2703 which has a Generac engine. Does anyone out there know any thing about these engines?

2. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i have an 07 classic 60inch with the 27 generac no problem and the muffler is suppose to add 1hp my rips and has plenty of power the dealer told me the thing with generac it truly dyno's at the rated power

3. rblantonjr

How is the quality of cut?

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a lot of genereac engines in this area not only on dixie but encore as well! Dixie is the dominate mower here and the cut is as good as the operator!

5. rblantonjr

Have there been any problems you know of with the Dixie Choppers or the Generac engines?

6. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

I have a 27hp Generac with 620hrs and only replaced a starter. I know its not alot of hours but its held together great, love the sound. I agree their power ability to maintain RPM's under heavy load is remarkable.

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Great engines, very well built. They use a little oil, but the power tradeoff is well worth it.

8. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

Yes they due use a little oil, The only other problems I know of was with the old red top 30hp models which they no longer make. I'm not sure of the type of problems it had but think it has since been resolved.

9. rblantonjr

How much oil did they use? Do you know of any other problems with the Choppers?:weightlifter:

10. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

They're ugly!:laugh:

Seriously though they looked the same way for the past 20 years. Nothing sexier than a scag.