Generac Oil Filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

My DC dealer was out of Generac oil filters when I stopped in there today to buy one. They said it would be the middle of next week before they received more. I didn’t want this to happen to me again, so I started calling around to cross it over.

The OEM filter number is #070185 and I found out that crosses over to a NAPA #1394.

The Gold (better then OEM) is $6.49

The Silver (=OEM) is $3.29.

The list price on the Generac OEM filter (from Generac) is $7.95, so I’m guessing Dixie Chopper probably sells them for $8.95 or more.
  2. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

You could try a Wix filter. One of the best out there. Just my 2 cents. Most good auto parts stores should sell them.
  3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

The wix cross for the generac is #51394................Lynn
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

same as what my kaw 23 takes, don't quote me, but I believe what 5-25, or 27 kaw's use.
  5. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Yup what KOLAR said. I've been running Wix filters for years - millions of long haul truckers can't be wrong. You hardly see anything but a Wix on those machines. If you go to the Wix site they list well over a thousand filter brands - you think they all manufacturere their own filters? I doubt it. It's called "private labeling" just like Sears doesn't manufacture washing machines.
    olderthandirt likes this.
  6. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

napa gold filter is a wix.
  7. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Just looked in my notes - the Wix number for my Kaw 23 is 51394
  8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I used to think that since the Wix number usually just has a 5 or 3 in front but never really did find out. NAPA filters are manufactured by Guard corp or something like that and Wix comes from Dana/Spicer. Could be the same though. Anyone else know?
  9. Bray

Bray LawnSite Member

Wix makes napa brand filters. drop the first number on wix and you have the napa number.
  10. DEA

DEA LawnSite Member

what is the Wix# for the Kaw.17