General info on Suspension Seats??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by honda55, Jul 21, 2013.

1. honda55

honda55 LawnSite Member

I definitely need a suspension seat. After some research online I have found some air bag based ones, and some OEM knockoffs. Are the Toro/Exmark suspension seats just hydrolic/spring? or air? I just am looking for some general info. Any decently priced aftermarket seats that have a good rep? $600 from the dealer for the toro one seems awful pricey.

2. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

I just went through the same thing a couple months ago. I ended up with the Michigan seat (link at the bottom). It's not as nice as the Toro seat, but is a great improvement over the seat I had on my Toro 3000 series. The Michigan bolts right on with not modifications. It's the same seat they use on Scags and Hustlers.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200268424_200268424

3. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the same seat on ebay for $125.00 Sometimes you can get a good deal.

4. honda55

honda55 LawnSite Member

hows the ride compared to a stock toro seat? Definitely worth the money?

5. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

It's worth it to me. I had to get the seat because my was killing me from so much bouncing. I come home now, and my back doesn't hurt. Can't put a price tag on that.

6. honda55

honda55 LawnSite Member

:clapping:gonna order it now!!!

7. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Honda55 if you haven't ordered yet, check out the ET air ride suspension . It's the most comfortable seat suspension for rough terrain I've ever used on a mower.

8. DawsonLC

DawsonLC LawnSite Member

9. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Just took that off my mower and replaced it with the ET Air ride . The ET blows that thing away in comfort. The ET sit's about an 1 1/2 " higher then that mechanical suspension does but hasn't hindered me in any way. Comfort as well as cutting times have increased due to you can carry more speed without the jarring effect using the ET compared to the mechanical suspension.

10. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You should post a link. ;)