General Liability, How much?? Who is good and reasonable???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tejas241, Sep 1, 2005.

1. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Hi, all! I am looking into General Liability and on website RFQs, nobody ever responds.

So, do any of you have recomendations for carriers with decent rates???

Plus I am not really sure what coverages and deductibles to use.

Thank you all again!

2. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I use an independent agent and my coverage is underwritten by TAPCO Insurance.

Around here you need to carry at least $300,000 if you want to do any yards in the high end gated communities. The HOA's won't let you in to do residents yards without proof of at least that much coverage.

I pay something around $780 per year for $300,000 commercial liability. You may need more for commercial mowing (like 1 mil), I don't know. I only do residential currently.

3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i pay $450.00 per year for $100,000,000.00 one million coverage

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on many factors, how much you will need. And what the rate will be .Factors like spraying herbicides can jack the rate up high,tree work can make it go though the roof.At least around here, many of the best commercial accounts require at least five--million-liability coverage.

5. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

And, as I understand it, the rate also varies dependent upon business earnings.

6. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

THANK YOU ALL!!!

EVERGREEN LAWN CARE, that seems reasonable. Who do you use?

Who do the rest of you use????

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup,the old audit of your gross lol .

8. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

NOVA CASUALTY.....$400 a year for $300,000 and no more than $600,000 for a single claim.

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

10. farmerphilco

farmerphilco LawnSite Member

Not to contradict you dave but how is it that you have a 300,000 agg. and a 600,000 per occurance? Is it the other way around?

There are more factors that go into deciding a rate other than those mentioned. Everything from years in business to geographical location come into play.