General Liability Insurance?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by T.Brandon, Feb 13, 2009.

1. T.Brandon

T.Brandon LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any recomendations on insurance companys?

2. TC Lawns

TC Lawns LawnSite Member

I Just got my General Business Liability Insurance renewed. I am in Alabama and they did not require that I have my license. I have mine through Nationwide because a buddy of mine works there. I am not sure how much GL is by itself, but I have $1M yearly coverage in GL, and my equipment is also covered under my same plan. Because my equipment is covered my policy is $1005 a year. I pay about $87 a month. But its worth it is you need GL to get commercial jobs and also I rest easy knowing my equipment is covered. It doesnt take much for some thug to come cut a lock and steal some equipment, this could have you shut down for weeks or months if you dont have the extra cash to purchase new equipment. I think my equipment coverage is $10,000

3. TC Lawns

TC Lawns LawnSite Member

T.Brandon...
    Nationwide Insurance (Tuscaloosa, AL.)
    See Joe McCulley,
    (205) 553-4300
    Tell him Chad sent you, he can work you out a pretty good deal.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

They're not in my area, but a lot of guys on here say that Erie Insurance is good.

5. TC Lawns

TC Lawns LawnSite Member

I've heard the same thing about Erie

6. T.Brandon

Tc what are you paying for your insurance?

7. TC Lawns

TC Lawns LawnSite Member

Im paying about $83/mth. This includes $1M in liability, $10,000 in equipment, and I think $2000 in "installation"

8. T.Brandon

Tc, By calling the insurance co that is in AL will I be able to use it down here In louisiana?