general liability insurence

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by huskymower, Nov 28, 2005.

1. huskymower

huskymower LawnSite Member

I live in north carolina and was just wondering what is a good average per year on a million dollar general liability policy? and are there companys that specialize in lawn cutting general liability thank you.

2. Rich's LS

Rich's LS LawnSite Member

I have a 2 mil policy here and am paying around 350 a year. I use Nationwide... I know several people that use them and think they are great...

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We pay around 5-6k for GL..that's 1M per occurence, 3M aggregate. Of course their is inland marine coverage and some other additional items in there...doesn't include the auto coverage.

What I'm trying to say is that it depends on many many different factors. Age, type of business (what you actually do/don't do), residential/commercial work, years in biz, location of biz, prior experience, previous claims.

good luck

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I pay around $400 or so thru Erie Insurance. That's for 1mil GL, for myself and one part-timer.

I'm not sure if they will insure 16-year old CEO's, however. :D Might need a parent to help you out with this.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

If you're just starting out, go see a Farm Bureau agent. I got a 1 mil/2 mil policy for $204 and $25 annual fee to join. That's good up to about 17k I think. I don't have any riders like IM but will next year.