general liability

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by o it grew landscaping, Jan 19, 2006.

1. o it grew landscaping

o it grew landscaping LawnSite Member

i was just curios as to how much everyones insurance is, im pondering shopping for general liabilty ins. and was just curios as to how much im looking at before i have ins. sharks hunting me down giving me free qoutes.
  2. krustyfire

krustyfire LawnSite Member

I got a qoute today from State Farm at $500,000 for $550.00 a year.
  3. o it grew landscaping

o it grew landscaping LawnSite Member

Thanks, that helps me alot, i thought i would be looking at thousands and thousands.
  4. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

wow I am paying $340 a year for $1,000,000 liabilty, $30,000 in equipment. that cover for 6 employees. (if that matters not really sure.)
  5. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

slicksilverado, which insurance company you getting that from? I hope its not State Farm, they dont offer GL policies in Texas, according to what I was just told today.
  6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I got a price the other day from nationwide. 300K liability, 15,000 in equipment coverage, covers pesticide, no employee's $652 a year. I don't know if its high because I'm a newer company or because I'm younger. I'm going to check with Erie insurance, I hear they're a very good and affordable company. I'd rather have 500K or 1mil coverage.
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Well were both here in Ohio I don't think theres any way your getting what you posted at that price. What company I'd sure like to check it out. Inland marines cost more that $340 for 30k coverage and I just checked witn most companys that insure an LCO. Please post the name and phone # of the company
  8. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

300K liability for just under $400.00 a year in michiganpayup
  9. cooksjr537

cooksjr537 LawnSite Member

1,000,000 from nationwide for 562 a year
  10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

$10,000,000.00 GL, Pesticide Endorsement, plus full replacement cost on damage to building, theft of cash/checks/receipts and/or bank deposits, and $100K Inland marine theft coverage $1550 a year...Zurich NA