Generate invoice at time of service

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by upidstay, Mar 13, 2013.

1. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Anybody doing this? I want to generate an invoice on my laptop with quickbooks, print it off and stick it in the customers door, right from my truck. This way I KNOW they're getting their bills, and, best yet, if they're home, I'm gonna get one of those for my smartphone that lets me swipe credit cards.Also, if they pay by check, some of the bigger banks let you deposit checks by taking pictures of the check.

I know it all sounds awesome, but this is my first year as a solo act, and I was wondering if anybody else has tried this, and how they're working.

My truck has an A/C adapter in the bed, or I was going to use a power inverter to power my printer.

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Taking time to get paid at each house each week will slow you down. I could see the last service for the month leaving it.

3. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Just do them when you get home dude
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GrimsleysLawnCare

GrimsleysLawnCare LawnSite Member

I print them the night before. keeping paper and laptop and printer in the truck just would take to much room

5. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have Invoice2go on my tablet, so I just email it to them right from the truck if I need to. Email is more efficient in my opinion. I also only invoice my contract accounts monthly, but enter the work done the day of the visit so I don't forget.

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

When your out working,work,Do your billing at home with a cold beer. If you spend 5 minutes per house you could be losing a 100.00 a day.

7. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

I will be printing mine the night before, I actually have one printed now for March 23rd to just to have it ready haha.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Spot on! If you plan on growing and hiring help then you need to think ahead as well - I don't think you will want to be paying someone to do this at each house they work at, you know?

10. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

At home and then deliver them to the customer's mailbox at the end of the month. Simple as that!