"Generic" 2-4-D ester

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AlpineNaturescapes, Oct 21, 2005.

1. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

Ok pros. Pop a few on me. I am looking for cheap esters to use in October. Hint - Speedzone is NOT cheap. I have a straight Lo-V ester - not sure if I am happy with it yet, and my source really wasn't that cheap. Definitely talking $50 or under for a 2.5. Thanks.

2. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

LV-6 applied at low end of label rate 2/3 of a pint per acre has worked great. Costs around $50, but goes a long way. I have always applied with Simazine and gotten great results.

3. BigCity

BigCity LawnSite Member

I don't know of any cheap esters, they are all close to twice the price of amine. I do not use them any more than I have to because of the price.

4. MIDWEST25

MIDWEST25 LawnSite Member

use trimec 992 and barrage at label rates and you will kill weeds at 30degree days and 15 degree nights

5. AlpineNaturescapes

Are you saying you combine them? Barrage is a 24D ester & trimec is a 24D salt.

6. AlpineNaturescapes

I won't be needing Simazine in the fall here - at least not for the weeds it controls, but I will look into a local source for the LV6. Thanks