1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Generous Financing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daleman, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

I was looking to try and purchase some new equipment this year (a walk behind and Z turn) and was wondering if any of you know of any companies with good financing plans. I just applied online with John Deere for a line of credit and was wondering if anybody knows of any other reputable companies out there.--
  2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

getting a home line of credit will have lowest rate.
  3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yea i did my financing through Yard Card. I have 0% till jan 04 but if i dont pay it off by then the intrest goes to 15% from date of purchase.
  4. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I have done JD credit before you will be happy. I got fixed 5.9% for 4 years.
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Almost all commercial equipment companies have their own financing now. but as everyone said, a personal line or home line is usually your cheapest bet. :cool:
  6. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a commercial loan from a bank the other day at 5.75%
    This is how I did it... I had an extra 10K but did not want to part with it for equipment, so I got a loan with auto withdrawal, left the money in the bank, so when I get into the busy irrigation season i will still have good cash flow ( people can be slow to pay especially contractors) Local banks can be a great asset in a smaller community great for referals, I even picked up 1500.00 worth of work right at the bank with new plant material and stone at there facility, which lead to a couple of customers asking for a quote on stone installation. You cant get that from applying on line for credit and you can choose the equipment you want.
  7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Sheffield Financial
  8. barryd

barryd LawnSite Member
    from KY

Sheffield has great options. Check with your local dealers!!!
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Home line of credit is usually the best rate. It does however not hurt to shop around. Best of luck with the new purchases.