Genius with a 21" in the trunk!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRM Lawncare, Mar 22, 2005.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

Here is a prime example of the idiots in my town. I bought a beatup old craftsman to simply ride my daughter around the house on. The deck doesn't even have belts on it. Some idiot in a mitsubishi eclipse with a 21" in the trunk stopped in front of my house and proceeded to tell me how my mower deck was scalping and damaging my lawn (even though my lawn is best in the hood) and how he could do a much better job with this 21" and for only $10.00 (10,000k lawn). I asked him if he was talking about the mower I was on and he said yes he could tell the deck was scalping driving up the road. I said," Hey jacka@@, how can I be scalping with a mower that doesn't even have a working deck on it. Get the hell off my lawn before I run over ya." He hoped back in his car and drove to the neighbors giving them the same speil. They told him to jet and he heads to the next neighbor and so on.

Gotta love it :cry:

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

these are the guys that give new start ups a bad name........ we are not all like that, i have my dba, insurance, and i aint cuttin crap for 10.00 :)

those guys never last right?, by modeling my business after the more longterm members here, i hope to be around in 5 years, not like this guy.

3. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

i see you said your out of the business...if that happened to me I would have been nice and asked him to come see what he thinks about the mower I really use...and showed him my setup. Ask him to explain from then on...

Then I would say to get out of my neighborhood.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO, thats unbelieveable. The number of idiots out there running around with 21" mowers is incredable. I always enjoy the crazy stories though. LOL

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

For $10 I would have hired him.

6. CRM Lawncare

I considered it, but its taken me a while to get the lawn fixed after previous owner ignored it for years. I was afraid he would destroy it.

7. CRM Lawncare

I considered it, but its taken me a while to get the lawn fixed after previous owner ignored it for years. I was afraid he would destroy it.

8. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

You should have offered him $5. If he takes it then fertilize and water the crap out of the lawn so it is good and thick everytime he comes to mow. Then don't pay him cuz if he raises a stink tell him you will just turn him in for tax evasion.

Dave

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

LMAO!
    :cool2: