Geoff, shhh......

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by BRL, Dec 7, 2000.

1. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Geoff and other Eastcoasters,
    Ixnay on arningway about the bertaAlay ipperClay heading across the country. Maybe if we're really quiet, behave, & cross our fingers really tight, Mother Nature will bring us a little work here ;)
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

thats why my lips are sealed about the "thing"

3. HandyHaver

HandyHaver LawnSite Member

I gave up on the snow dance, then I realized I was pointing toward Erie & Buffalo. I am now facing east on my prayer rug. Let's see what happens.
  4. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Confucious say wet week for East Coast next week; Confucious not sure if cold enough for snow.

Your fortune: No watch Weather Channel!
  5. BRL

Highs close to 50's early next week. Rain! Confucious's Brother say, maybe tail end of renmants of your next week blizzard get cold enough for back side of storm to bring good snows to East. Set prayer rugs for stun!

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

Man, send us a day of that rain!

I just want one nights sleep of more than three hours. Then we can hit it hard again.

Lake effect!!!!arrrrrrggggg

One end of my route has six inches, the other less than one. Then just the opposite the next day. Just enough to keep us going like crazy, though. Hard to believe its only Dec 7!!
  7. HandyHaver

HandyHaver LawnSite Member

Are the plows on the trucks???
  8. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I agree just say "NO" to the weather channel. What was supposed to be a light dusting according to them and all the local channels turned into 3" in nothern Il. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and the plow wasn't even on the truck. Thank goodness for understanding customers. Look out Pa. and N.Y.
  9. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

>>>Look out Pa. and N.Y.<<<

Yeah, right. Woke up yesterday morning to 2-3 inches of totally unpredicted snow. Forecast called for an "interesting" evening rush hour, with 1-3 additional overnight into this morning. All we got was a dusting.

There shall be no further utterances on any approaching snowstorms from here on out.

10. BRL

Amen!! I'm tired of switching all of the equipment from landscaping & leaves to snow because of these weathermen. Gotta be ready in case they happen to not be lying for once. Let's just post about how happy we are & how things went if we happen to get lucky & really get some snow in the non lake effect areas ;)