Geogrid Under Pavers?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Sep 11, 2012.

1. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

LOL. You clearly have never used this edging and have no CLUE what your talking about! :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Tell me hardscaping god of LawnSite... how do you attach the edging to the grid??

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We most certainly have used the permeable restraint at hand. And the grid. Isn't that what this topic is about? We work with a certain county gov't that will pay their residents a small percentage for installing permeable pavements. Two small driveways.

The materials worked well for us! Hispanics make everything work. I wasnt lookn to start a pissing match. Hence "with all due respect".

3. TomG

Ok, thats great, because I have never actually used this restraint. I have just seen it in demos and from salesmen and seen other contractors use it. So with all due respect you didn't answer my question. How do you attach the edging to the grid?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to hear the answer too....DVS, are you sure you don't just cut grass?:laugh:

6. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

7. TomG

Nice! I’m glad someone else took the time to look up some FACTS on this edge restraint. I was saving that link for later… but since you posted it…
    It’s interesting how it says and I quote:

“PermEdge comes with four feet of geogrid ultrasonically welded to the inside and outside of the Snap Edge paver edge restraint to prevent rolling or twisting.”

DVD, still waiting to hear how you attach the edging to the grid???? Do you carry around an ultrasonic welder with you in your job trailer?:confused:

Folks, please do some research/fact checking on some of the information people (including me, I have been wrong before) post on this forum. Especially when it’s in regards to running your business or using products etc… (stuff that could cost you money) There is a ton of great information here and there is a ton of people on here with vast knowledge of hardscaping, however there are also people who don’t really know what they are talking about some of the time. Do your own research and combine it with what people say on the forum and you will most likely get a good solid answer.

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

DVD? :laugh::laugh: no wonder he hasn't reply

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Unless i am just not seeing the pic clearly, we don't use what Jim has pictured under any kind of stone or block we lay on the ground. It looks like filter fabric that we buy. My apologies if it's not filter fabric. We use something like this http://www.concretesolutionsonline.com/mirafi_fabric.htm Mirafi 500X,
    Steve

10. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought the same thing. However seeing how this thread has turned into a head hunt, I declined to spew my opinion.