Georgia Bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by outsideimage1, Apr 9, 2008.

1. outsideimage1

outsideimage1 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a Fertilizing schedule for my Bermuda here in GA. I am specifically looking for Dates, Numbers (19-3-5, etc.), and brands. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Its going to be hard to find dates as things like green-up occur at different times and we maybe suffering from a drought so it would be really hard to post dates. Walter Reeves has some good calendars for Southern turf on his website and these can be used as a guide for your fertilization schedule (These calendars come from UGA). You really have to learn to read the turf (I struggle with this too).

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

You may wanna check your county extension service's info also. They should give you guidelines for timing and typical fert requirements for your area.

4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Feb. R1 with 0-0-8
    March R2 with 3 way mix and Fert
    April R3 with 36-3-10
    May-June with 36-3-10 or 46-0-0 Depending on Drought conditions and watering restrictions
    July-Aug with 24-2-11
    Sept with 24-2-11
    Oct with 0-0-7
    Nov-Dec with 3 way mix

Good luck, our program is a little extensive, but it works and I believe that it takes more then 7 treatments to keep bermuda weed free and green....just my opinion

5. cgaengineer

Thats a good info TJ, thank you!

6. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

How are things going with you this season CGA????? Yeah, I think it might be a little bit of over kill, but most people want to see results and thats really all that matters. But like I mention on another thread, timing of apps are important. No need for pre-emergent when weeds have already emerged.....

7. cgaengineer

Things are actually going very well for me! How about you?

I am currently studying for the pesticide exam and will hopefully be ready to take test in a few weeks.