Georgia License Questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gulfjoe, Feb 4, 2013.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to turf and ornamentals right now. Before I read a chapter I take the knowledge test first. I haven't failed one yet. I am going to have to go over the bugs a few more times. They have talked about a lot and they are very similar
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Know how to I.D. bagworms, cutworms, webworms, and every other bug-type pest. This is the area I wish I studied more.:weightlifter:

3. gulfjoe

And that $90 gets me the commercial applicators License and the pesticide applicators licence?

4. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

This ^^^ There were a lot of pest and disease identification questions on the test.

I read the books cover to cover once, then skimmed back through them again. Also use the sample questions at the end of each chapter to help study as well.

It wasn't that hard of a test if you read the materials and study a little bit... Imagine that haha :rolleyes:

5. gulfjoe

I am going to take all the knowledge test questions and turn them in to flash cards.

6. macgyver_GA

IIRC, the $90 only gets you the applicators license. Then like Inzane previously posted, you'll need to get proper liability insurance (the application has the amounts listed) and provide proof of insurance and have to list at least one licensed commercial applicator on payroll (if you're solo then that's obviously you) in order to get your Pesticide contractors license.

Think of it this way:
    The contractor's license is for the business. The applicator's license is for the person applying under the name of the business.

7. gulfjoe

Can you point me in the right direction of this form so i can take a look at it. I am going to set up an appointment with an insurance company here very soon so i would like to have all my ducks in a row.

8. macgyver_GA

Here you go
    http://agr.georgia.gov/pesticide-contractors-license.aspx

9. klogan011

klogan011 LawnSite Member

Georgialawn88.... thanks for your help. I passed my exam today. Your info helped me alot. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

glad i could help:clapping: