Get an Accountant!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I finally went and talked to an accountant today. Man! I should've done this from the very beginning. Luckily, my accountant is very personable. It is unbelievable the things he knows. I knew that I didn't know a whole lot about these things, but I was wrong.....I found out I don't know ANYTHING about this stuff. If you haven't all ready, I encourage you to go talk to a REAL accountant......mine didn't charge me anything to talk to him. I am now a true believer that everyone that isn't an accountant needs an accountant. Even if you don't own a business, I would get an accountant. He is doing my families taxes and it is cheaper than H&R Block Tax Professionals and I believe he will be much more thorough and we will get more back. I am very excited about this. Also, he recommended I become an LLC.....which I will be doing very soon.

Anyway, please just go talk to an accountant and make your own opinion. They WILL save you money. They are suprisingly affordable too.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

worth the money big time.....

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Glad you went and did it. You'll be glad you did, but I think that you know that already:)

4. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

agree 100%

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it makes you feel any better, I learned this one the hard way, too.

6. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely worth it. Sometimes it's worth paying somebody else to do it for you. It costs me $500 a year with me doing the printouts and I can't complain a bit.