Get Legal Or Get Out

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by daveintoledo, Oct 12, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i cant beleive it, the first 5 threads i read today are all by people who are obviously not running a legal business....

the information is available, either get legal or get the hell out......

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

well i would get leagal if i was older and more security. as im only 17 and only have 9 accounts. would like to have more than 9 2 start payin for taxes and insurance.

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

although i would like to because then i would be able to get commercial property unless you gotta be 18, but more doors would open for me.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

get your parents to help you, register your business name with the state, get insurance from your parents homeowners company, check with local gov for any permits, many places require you to have a vendors license and collect sales tax......ther aer other young men here who have pulled it off, and it will help you in the long run with a better business

5. TheChiefsLawnCare

yes, ur right, but imma wait until nex season when i c how my business is doing.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

so what happens if you send a rock through a child....

then what.....

7. Crusis

Crusis LawnSite Member

The good news is that at 17 it won't be you that gets jail time for tax evasion, it will be your parents.

8. Blowin Grass

Blowin Grass LawnSite Member

Know too many people who have been running it wihtout paying taxes for years. I'm sure I'll be alright.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Actually at 17, I mean, come on...these are kids actually WORKING rather than running around doing God knows what like so many others. I'd rather see the work ethic than beat them down for not being 'legit'.