Get Me Out Of Here!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, May 5, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

I'm havin a bunch of trouble w/ a previous client that had me use a harley rake on the entire yard and now he's upset cuz its been a week and his grass aint all the way in yet. How do i get out of this crap, he has paid but he calls all the time. W/ the headache he's causing im starting to lose money. Any ideas? (please keep them legal and help me keep a decent name):)

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Did you seed or what after turnig his yard over.

3. dura to the max

from georgia

just seed. what sucks is he doesn't water it and he calls about every minor little thing, i.e. tire mark in yard (not rut). also our agreement was to smooth the existing topography of the yard...now he complains that we didnt fix the dips and humps. i sent my best employee to try to please the guy and the guy sent him home!!! i want out but its a friend of a friend.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I would flat out tell him that it takes awhile for bermuda seed [guess that is what you used] to germinate this time of the year and the better it is watered [light water 3 times per day] will help. No water at all and there is nothing you can do about that because he is not holding up his part. You might use some starter fert if you have not alreaddy. I know some people just love to have things done half way and then they want to complain. All you can do is tell him I did what you paid me to do. If you want a Caddy don't price a Geo.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Tell the DA if he is that impatient maybe he should have had you sod the entire lawn. You can't please everyone, no water, no lawn, its that simple. Peolpe don't relize that a beutiful lawn just doesn't happen overnight, we all know that it a lot of work and patience.

6. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Give him his cash back and tell him to pound sand. Some people love to make a living out of irritating the Lawn Care Professionals, it comes with the territory.

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

dont give him money back, tell him if he doesnt water it will never come in, that you did your job correctly and this falls squarely on his shoulders if its a poor outcome. then tell him it will take more than a week and that was a good comment about he should have paid for sod if he wanted green so quick

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesson for the future everything laid out in contract from the start. Tell him water evryday for three weeks and then we will go from there.

9. dura to the max

from georgia

cant give money back...a good portion was in a rental vermeer and harley rake