Get-R-Cut --> bad landscaping name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by duelly44, Mar 30, 2008.

1. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

so ive been in the business for coming up on my fifth year.... never had commercial accounts. had plans for partnership but fell through. had 40 accounts two years ago and now im around 20. people died, had some undercutters and i need to get back above 40.

registered my business name as "Get-R-Cut".... ya know, like larry the cable guy get-r-done.... i think it may be affecting how many replies i get from flyers/advertising....

my buddy has a decent name, but sounds more professional. sunway landscaping and his business is non-stop. hes been around longer but still

pass out 5000 flyers and maybe 2 calls? what is this b.s.?! and some of my customers love the name. others go... get.... "R"..... cut, i dont get it. like where have you been the last 5 years.

what do you think? is a name change in order?

is the get-r-done with get-r-cut slogan a thing of the pass? would be bummer because ive had a killer logo for it since i started.

any and all comments would be appreciated.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

maybe your flyer wasn't that appealing...

3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

if you do quality work,name won;t be a big deal.my.2

4. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

i tried uploading the pamphelets so you can see but just cant get it out of a word document

5. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

okay, nevermind... the pamphelets from 06 and 07 should be there now. let me know

Attached Files:

6. kleankutslawn

nice logo but you really don't say much

7. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

any ideas to make it better? would appreciate it

8. kleankutslawn

give some info on prices,what services you offer,any discounts,just general information about what you offer

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I can see why people might not go with you based on your name. I am not trying to offend you, but it makes you come off as sort of a redneck, almost a fly by night. Some people may hire you just because of this, but more people will stay away from you because of it.

I would change the name to something more professional. We had a guy around here called Get R Done Lawncare for a few years, and more than one of my customers commented on it, making fun of it.

Again, I'm not trying to offend you, just sharing my honest opinion.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

If you were Larry the Cable Guy it would probably work...