Get-R-Cut --> bad landscaping name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by duelly44, Mar 30, 2008.

1. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

Im sure someone has said it before but you dont honestly cut anything for 12 do you. How can you be undercut. Also I peronally think the logo doesnt fit this industry. Also people want to feel safe. It sounds like a red neck or someone similar. Go with a name that everyone can say it doenst sound weird. Jo Blow says " Who do you get your lawn care from" reply " Ohh Get R Cut" That doenst sound very good. Hope that helps.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan LawnSite Member

Almost makes me wish I had stayed part-time at my full time job, and gone full time with my side business.

3. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

seems like forever since I posted that business name question. so last year I changed my name to restore america group, added on a business partner and started bidding them like I didnt need them.

Things actually went back up to 45 customers but I started slowly loosing customers and didnt know why. two customers one week, another this week etc. come to find out my business partner was doing cocaine/pills on job sites and pissing off my new customers.

got rid of him and changed it back to get r cut. HAHA I know. Now Im back down to 20 customers. This time by choice. I left the customers who want me to cut in the rain and than leave dirty voice mails for leaving tracks in their grass. and the customers who signed contracts stating a job was a set amount and tried to say it was lower once it comes time to pay. I'm doing three commercial accounts and 17 residential customers that are a breeze to cut and they like my name. I'm not looking to get rich off this anyways and I'm going to be me doing it. yes I am a bit redneck but I have nice equipment, a nice truck, wear cinta uniforms, take pride in my work and rarely seen without a chew in.

so what Ive learned... a name is something people take to heart when choosing a business. and don't do drugs :cool2:

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Well at least you learned half a lesson. NO PARTNERS/INVESTORS/CO-OWNERS ever!! Repeat whenever this starts to sound like a good idea or a quick way to expand your business. Still don't like the name though. Tampa is full of the "Git R Dun ______" fill in the blank contractor types. Every one is a redneck, lowball, scammer, POS type of operation. Just my .02:usflag::usflag::usflag:

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen worst!