Get rid of it!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by WALKER LANDSCAPE, Jan 6, 2007.

1. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant remember the name of it:hammerhead: ,but it is a large clover looking leaf ranging in size from 1/4 to and 1". It looks like clovers on steroids.;) If I remember the name I will post again. Just thought you Fert guys might want to take a stab at it.:waving:

2. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

black medic? whatever it is, i'm sure a normal 3-way or momentum product will work good on it.

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

They can get it from Lesco correct:) . i am not cert.:cry: and he says he wants to do it himself so that if something goes wrong no one to blame:hammerhead: Thank you sir:waving:

4. mrkosar

from Ohio

yeah, if it is on this guy's own lawn he can purchase and spray anything. (reason why we find so many pesticides in our water) make sure to read and follow the label. you or he can purchase it from lesco.

even a weed b gone product by ortho from a retailer like lowe's might give you decent results...if it is black medic. if it is wild violet or something tougher to kill then you should have him go to lesco and ask what they feel would kill it.

any pics?

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Thats it WILD VIOLET one of the local fert guys told him the name I could not remember I am trying to talk him into a pro fert guy but he is a little anal about his yard. Mr kosar Wild violet comments please
    Thanks

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One of the hardest things to kill. 3 way with either Confront or Momentum. Also, make sure you use a good spreader/sticker. It IS possible that it can take a couple of applications to eliminate it altogether. Also, of course, check your labeling/laws for your state.

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Drive does a good job on them as well.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I agree. drive is just such a wonderful product for SO much. I just sure wish it had a different cost factor. I would LOVE to come across a deal on a few cases of that stuff.

9. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty sure I saw a generic Drive last year. Seems like it was $12.00 a pound less.

10. mrkosar

from Ohio

what's it called?