Get rid of the trailer and use the bed?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by outrunjason, Jan 8, 2008.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I don't know what you call these so I couldn't search for it. The trucks with no bed but instead have a trailer on them. I would like to do this. I hate pulling a trailer when I have nothing in the bed and could just make that into a trailer.

Anyone on here doing this and see any advantages of it? I am starting to see them everywhere here.

2. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

3. outrunjason

from dallas

That second pic is it. Small truck just for 2 guys and the little trailer on the back. Sounds like a good idea to me. I think I heard they were about 1,500 to have made and put on.

4. STRINGALATION

That Thread Tells The Price And Where I Think It Was 1500. And Ther Is A Pic In That Thread Were A Guy Has A Fleet Of Them

5. outrunjason

from dallas

Yeah my bad I didn't even read on down. By the way. Where is just mow it. I didn't see them any during the 2007 season. Are they still on here?

6. STRINGALATION

"this is a quote from that thread"

I got this one for $1550 and it is just about the same as JustMowIt In fact they gave me the number and contact to Prime Trailers in Mckinney Texas ask for Gary or Jeremy . They can paint it whatever color you need included in the price. It has worked great for me. I have only had it in service fo a week or so. I am no longer worried about being in the truck with the crew. I always thought a trailer was too much liability for the unskilled driver. Plus cuts down on gas. It will fit 3 guys. No bungies needed for the mowers. There is a little piece of angle iron behind the rear wheel of the second mower on the right and the single left mower.

I probably will extend the gate a little further to make it hit the ground and to decrease the angle of ascent. It is a bit of booger getting the mowers up it and going down is a bit rough taking the 4 inch drop when you are tired a the end of the day and lazy. I am worried about the life of the wheels. So I probably will get the ramp extended.

Whole buncha crud

7. outrunjason

from dallas

Good stuff. I know where prime trailers is. They actually had a huge fire and the moved further away but they do great work.

8. STRINGALATION

glad to help!!!

9. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

:) Yes, thanks, was in a long search for that post too

10. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Here a few photos of some I've saved. Been thinking about doing something like this for while.

2577486_1.jpg

76255281.jpg

c9bc_4.jpg

dodge%2520flat%2520bed.jpg

truck%203%20email.jpg