Get Sick in Scottsdale? READ THIS

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Feb 1, 2008.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you get ill at the AOLP conference in Scottsdale?

I did, and after improving for a couple of days (Tuesday was ok, Wednesday better) I have reversed and remain ill.

I went to see my Dr. today and am being tested for Salmonella (which we both doubt) and Clostridium Difficile (C-Def or C-Defficile). These tests will take a bit of time to come back given the collection regime and the fact that it is now the weekend.

If you are still ill, or feeling the effects of an upset stomach, gas, diarrahea (severe and prolonged in my case) chills, fever, fast heart rate then I highly encourage you to get to your Dr. Do not sit back and think that this will just pass.

Regards.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Post this on the AOLP forum as well if you havent already.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

man looks like we REALLY missed out huh. Does anyone know the cause of it. Ash works in the hospital and doubted it could be the flu. Had to have been something in the water or food. I would start an email list of everyone that got sick and find the common factor.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you contacted the Maricopa County Health Department yet?

http://www.maricopa.gov/EnvSvc/EnvHealth/

You stayed at the Chapparal Suites?

They have had a few inspection violations, but apparently not recently.

http://www.maricopa.gov/envsvc/envw...ress=5001 N SCOTTSDALE RD&permitid=SG17470

http://www.maricopa.gov/envsvc/envw...ress=5001 N SCOTTSDALE RD&permitid=SG18884

Except maybe this on 1/28:

http://www.maricopa.gov/envsvc/envw...tsDrillDown&in_insp_id=1204444&cat=02&type=01

5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry to ruin your theory but there are no sinister forces at work here. Just a bug/flu call it what you will. One of my guys that was not at the conference and my mother in law both have the same thing They have never seen each other and one lives about 15 miles from Chaparral Suites, the other about 45 miles.

Not to jack the thread but I joined AOLP at the conference and have not got so much as a receipt to show for my trouble. The conference was very helpful and I am confident I will see a return on my money several times over. I have heard there is a members only website and a members package of some sort and I have not been contacted by the mother-ship. Maybe next week?

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks for this Gregg. My DR. encouraged me to contact the local health authorities. I tried the online reporting at that site and it is not online just now. I will call them on Monday.

If you did get sick in Scottsdale, it is very important that you contact the Authorities that are linked above. This is not a light hearted matter as AZ Gardener seems to imply. There was something wrong with the food/drink or sanitary conditions on that property or in the vicinity. There is little doubt that this is a bacterial infection and these are generally acquired through food/drink and can be spread by unsanitary employees handling the food.

If you got sick, please report it!

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Sir: This is no simple bug or flu. This is most certainly a bacterial infection of the GI tract, contracted from either the food, drink, or water. It very well could have been spread by unsanitary food handling practises at the hotel, or was in the water or some other common carrier. Too many of us got the same thing for it to be a random occurance.

If this is C-Def, then it is a VERY SERIOUS matter.

I encourage all who became ill to contact the local authorities and report it. If you are still ill, or feeling weak, do not hesitate to get checked by your Dr immediately.

Do some research before you spout off AZ Gardener.

Regards.

8. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

Hi James

First let me say it was nice to meet you at canference-Noble Fish was funny and you are a lot of fun to hang with!!

I also got very sick at conference but it was influenza-I went to the Dr on Tuesday . What I am saying is couldnt it have been at the restaurant we went to-didnt you have fish? I could be wrong. didnt you go to some other places as well.

All I am saying is it could have come from from anywhere-maybe in the cab, club , whatever. I am sorry you are ill. I havent worked all week and I lost my momentum coming from conference which really pisses me off.

I dont feel good this am still and it has been 7 days.

9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I also was diagnosed with flu, nothing more.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

David. No doubt it could have been at the restuarant we went to on Thursday. It would be best to figure out a list of affected then see what our commonalities are.

I know John Pletcher got the same thing too. I think there are others but not sure. Paul is lucky he only got the flu!

I would seriously consider going to the Dr. David. If this is a strong bacterial infection such as C-Def, you do not want to mess around. Hopefully it is not. I am currently taking massive doses of pro-biotics and enzymes to try and balance the flora in my gut. Seems to be moderating things for now.

Be well.