Get that P.O.S of my property!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Apr 6, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Seeing as how I hate travelling to Burnaby, big brother and his "foreman" decided to rent this hideous Power Tan thing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So like the shmuck I am, I decide to take a closer look at the Power Tan 90XT. They sure have big beefy tilt pin bushings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But the cab looks so small and cramped, and those "joysticks", yuck!
    [​IMG]

Hey, the view ain't so bad?!
    [​IMG]

And I can see the rear wheels!
    [​IMG]

Wow! The rear visibility is good too!
    [​IMG]

Ah screw it, I still like my Cat better though. :laugh:

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That poor thing looks like it's had a rough life. I've rented some 90XTs and they had boom slop but they will work.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Did you push any dirt with the 90XT? I have never owned one, but have run them on occasion. They are a horse. Helleva dirt mover.

4. bobcat_ron

There was no key in it and when I tried to get in the cab for the first time, the joy sticks kept "poking" me in the area no man should ever get "poked". :hammerhead:

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: those joy sticks are huge.. well with all the info ksss has been postin on the new case skid steers hopefully they step up a little

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Common Ron your a CAT customer, it is highly likely you would never even feel those joysticks in no mans land.:waving:

7. stuvecorp

I have only used them for snow plowing, loading sand/salt and unloading pallets. Someday I hope to get a 90xt/450.

8. bobcat_ron

Hell's bells, that "poking" sensation felt oddly like the feeelings I got with the old T190 every time it "piddled" a little after a demo job!

9. stuvecorp

On the newer models like the 440 the joysticks would pivot out when you raised the seatbar to give you some more room.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The bigger machines don't do that and I don't remember if the Series 3 machine did on the 465. My current 465 doesn't. The 90XT is an 03 model.