Get the F off my lawn!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AGG Lawn Maintenance, Apr 3, 2003.

1. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Yesterday three of my guys + myself were doing a Spring Clean up for one of my customers. I came out to the job site to see how my new trainee was making out. My Foreman goes on the neighbors side of a planting berm to keep the leaves from blowing on the mans property. When out comes the man what
    F!@# are you doing on my lawn? My foreman explains to him that he is trying to keep our customers leaves off of his lawn. (simple enough) The man says get the F!@# off my lawn. We never saw the guy in the 2 years we have serviced this account. The foreman tells me not to blow on that side of the berm so I split it in half and just do my customers side. Out comes the man again. Hey way was this guy on my lawn? I explained to him this is route-en to keep leaves off of other properties (again simple enough right?) Yea but why was he on my lawn. I told him to calm down and assured him that we will only blow my customers half. He told me that he did not want me on the berm at all. I told him that I have to blow my customers part. He said I want to talk to the owner. I said I am the owner of this company. He said I don't give an F1@# who you are. I want to talk to the owner of the house. Than he asked me if he was home. I said that I didn't know. He than said that he was going to call the Code enforcement on me. I than lost it and said go ahead do what you want Sir!!! My poor Trainee thought that it was an April Fools joke. I wish it was. That is the first time thats happened to me in the 15 years I have been doing landscaping.
    Travis

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

guy sounds like an unethical looney to me...... just forget it... im sure nothing will even happen. you cant even reason with A**holes like that.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

That's One reason i had a Heart attack At 41. Ive dealt With that for 10 Years.
    John.

4. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Control freak.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a neighbor that acts like that when someone steps on his lawn. I just ignore him. People like that are not worth worry about. But in your situation, if he continues to be a problem, I would tell the customer and see if they can deal with him. Maybe the problem is a conflict between the two neighbors and you are just cought in between.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea, i had that happen once, after the shmuck got done yelling, i told him, by the way, did u notice that hole in your yard? i stepped in it, fell, and hurt my back. u do have homeowners insurance, dont u? that was the last i heard of him.

7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

there are some angree people in this world. It is so tough to bite your tounge sometimes. People like that I like to wave to when I see them.

8. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

What an idiot neighbor.

I had a kook lady cuss at me because I was parked in front of her property. When she told me to move my F'ng truck, I politely told her to F' off.

Sometimes you just can't be polite.

9. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

That's incredible! I don't understand why some people can't be resonable and act like they have some sense. Some people are just mad at the world looking for something to complain about. I sure wouldn't lose sleep over it.

10. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

Don't sweat it man. People like that are mad at the world and spend there entire lives looking for a reason to scream at somebody. Niether you or your employee did any thing wrong by any sane persons standards. He just found an opportunity to be a jerk and it happened to be you.