Get this!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keegan, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Lady calls me up for an estimate. Sounds like she's got an attitude in her message. I call up and get her husband. He has even more of an attitude.
    I had to call her again because are times conflicted and she was very pleasant this time.
    I saw her this evening. I'm talking with her, another lco pulls up and she gets embarrased. Doesn't bother me. 30 seconds later I hear this yelling "WILL YOU MOVE YOUR TRUCK!!" I turned around and the wife says I think he's talking to you. I said me? YEAH!! He yells out again "HE'S GOT A MILLION PLACES TO PARK AND HE PARKS IN FRONT OF MY GARAGE" I get into my truck now it's GOD!@#$%!! I park it someplace else now. gets out of his car again and his wife tells him to be polite ya da ya da. He yells again HE'S GOT A MILLION PLACES TO PARK AND HE PARKS THERE" I was about to leave but I kept cool. His wife comes over and is VERY apologetic. Then starts complimenting me about my eyes which was a first for me in my life. probably trying to apologize again. I've already decided I'm not working for them. The other lco is gone by now.
    Should I send a HIGH estimate or just forget them?

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Forget them..if the man is talking like your not even there and you are there this is a sign that he will not respect you at all.Shine this job on unless you like to be treated like a slave.

3. They never get better...only worse.
    Run for cover.

Dave

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

go the other way in high gear and never look back.

5. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Are you saying that the husband is a LCO and the wife is hiring you?? Or are you saying you were parked in front of the neighbors garage??

6. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

where are you in ct ? i would like to avoid these folks too. lol

7. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

if she liked the eyes should of told her about your mower.

8. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

make believe they never even existed.

9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm lost. Whats going on.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My first question is always to do with where I am parked.
    It's just polite.

It's in a way sort of like coming in a bad mood to find a vacuum cleaner salesman sitting in your chair.
    But it sure doesn't excuse the rudeness...